Illustration and Comics
Instructor: Kyle Fewell,
Illustrator – Brooklyn, NY
> Course Description:
Learn how to draw and sketch in Illustration & Comics Academy! Here, we will learn and explore different styles of drawing. In the last two days, we will focus on completing a short comic for you to keep and show off your amazing skills!
> This Academy Meets on:
Monday, July 27
Tuesday, July 28
Wednesday, July 29
Thursday, July 30
> How to Prepare for this Academy:
1. Sketchbook or just some loose paper
2. Ballpoint or gel pens
3. A brush that's fairly small #2 or #5 sized
4. Black ink (any)
5. Optional brush pen instead of brush and ink
> Lesson Plan:
Day 1 & Day 2
- Still life sketching based on photographs of some objects.
- Learn ideas on shape and shading
- Fun drawing exercises and tips.
- Different ways to get ideas or styles down - Draw Characters
Creating a mini comic with a few panels using skills from Days 1 and 2.
- Brush and ink drawing
- Inking the comics and lettering
> This academy is for:
This academy is open to participants of all ages!
> Instructor’s Links:
1. Website #1:
2. Website #2: