Instructor: Christina Chahyadi,
Exhibit Graphic Designer – Chicago, IL
> Course Description:
Ready to turn your words into art? With the right technique and a steady hand, you too can write the most exquisite messages with all of the shapes, flourishes, and textures of a professional hand lettering artist.
> This Academy Meets on:
Tuesday, July 28
Wednesday, July 29
> How to Prepare for this Academy:
1. Print the 5 copies of handouts that are included. We will use these for our lessons. DESIGNER PLEASE LINK HANDOUT ATTACHMENT to #1.
2. Have: A pencil, paper, ruler, eraser, and tissue paper.
3. Optional: A size 0 pointed brush and India Ink (See links below if you plan to buy these materials.)
> Links to purchase materials
(copy and paste in your internet browser):
Size #0-pointed brush x1 -
Watercolor x1 set -
India ink x1 bottle -
> Lesson Plan:
- Foundation of calligraphy. Creating basic strokes. Lowercase and uppercase letters.
- Connecting letters and words. Freehand letters. Flourishes.
- Create your own lettered artwork to keep!
> This academy is for:
1. This academy is open to participants of all ages!
2. The instructor will cap attendance at 30 students!
> Instructor’s Links: