Animation Essentials in Adobe After Effects
Instructor: Megan Friesth,
Senior Motion Designer – Boulder, CO
> Course Description:
This course will cover everything you need to know to start creating animations in Adobe After Effects! After Effects is a powerful animation program that allows you to create all kinds of projects from motion graphic style animations, to animated gifs for the web and social media, to visual effects. In this class, you’ll learn what it’s like to be a motion designer and how to create your own animations. By the end of the class, you’ll have a fun animated word that you can send to a friend or post on social media.
> This Academy Meets on:
Monday, July 27
Tuesday, July 28
Thursday, July 30
*No class on Wednesday, which will be a self-work day.
*Please attend all three sessions to fully complete the project!
> How to Prepare for this Academy:
1. Have a laptop or desktop ready!
2. Install Adobe After Effects (Adobe Creative Cloud 7-day free trial is available at
3. Install Adobe Media Encoder free trial at
4. Download the animated icons file
> Lesson Plan:
Introduction, user interface, starting the “Hello” project
Continue working on “Hello” animation
Feedback, finishing touches, rendering
> This academy is for:
1. This academy is open to participants of all ages.
2. Up to 30 students.
> Instructor’s Links:
1. Website: explanimated.com
2. Skillshare: skillshare.com/explanimated