A Message from Pastor Park
The Bible has always been inspiration and hope for me. Take the character of Joseph. He endured family betrayal, prison, and slavery to become the governor of Egypt.
In a twist of fate, Joseph eventually meets the brothers who plotted against him out of jealousy and hatred. Although they assumed he would exact revenge, Joseph had already forgiven them in his heart. Instead, he comforts comforts and offers them a new life in Egypt, free of famine and pain.
Throughout my ministry, I’ve met people who went on to commit suicide from fear and pain. I’ve seen others turn mentally unstable after suffering rape or sexual abuse. These people could not overcome their hatred, fear, and sorrow. Even now, there are many around us like that.
Faith gives us peace and rest. The peace that comes with the heart to believe in God and faith to trust in people positively affects every type of relationship: husband and wife, parents and children, brothers and sisters, even friendships. Our hearts and minds need rest to be healthy and strong, just like our bodies need sleep to function.
Those with strong hearts overcome sudden misfortunes or difficulties. The bottom line is that we, as people, need faith to live.
Joseph could have done huge harm to his brothers, but he believed in God. He overcame his hatred after his heart became strong through faith. He discovered he could love his brothers, and thus, gained happiness and peace through them.
Joseph is proof that when you have peace in your heart, you live a beautiful, blessed life.
- Founder of Good News Mission
- Author of 38 books, including the best-selling titles, “Who Are You Who Is Dragging Me?” and “Secret of Forgiveness of Sins and Being Born Again”
- Founder of Mahanaim, a Christian post-secondary school in NY
- Religious advisor to national presidents
- Founder of International Youth Fellowship (IYF)
- Host of the annual Ministers of Youth World Forum
- Founder of Good News Corps
- Founder of the Lincoln House School
- Founder of Good News Broadcasting System (GBS)
- Honorary Doctor of Philosophy, National University of Mongolia
- “New Leader of Churches” award, The Daily Sports
- 2005 New Korean Award, Hankook Ilbo
- Official TI&E Speaker for the Korean National Army
Click to enlarge.
- About IYF
- English Camp
- Global Events
- Cantata Tour
- About Gracias Choir
- Christmas Cantata
- Easter Cantata
- Good News Corps
- World Camp
- Mission & History
- Spiritual Development
- Culture Exhibition
- Info Session
- Leadership Initiative
- How to Register
- Support IYF